October has begun and before we know it the holidays will be here full force.
While I love Christmas, I’m always a little overwhelmed with gift giving. I love to give, and I want my gifts to be special, but more often than not I leave things to the last minute and run out of time to choose the perfect thing for everyone on my list.
Well, this year I’m determined to do it right! Though my budget may be small, it doesn’t mean that my gifts can’t be personal.
Here are a few ideas for DIY gifts that friends and family will be sure to enjoy:
- Loving this leather pouch!
- These beautiful, oversized photographs are crazy affordable and will be sure to make a statement.
- Find some pretty vintage linens at a thrift store and hand-dye them to make them new again. Suggestions: Lace curtains, table clothes, doilies, and cloth napkins.
- For the book lover or writer on your list, make them one of these beautiful book covers made from a vintage oil painting.
- Make your own calendar, full of special moments you’ve collected over the last year.
- Make your own vodka infusions and package them in pretty, repurposed, bottles for the cocktail drinkers on your list.
- I’ve always loved the idea of making my own spoon rings. What a special gift!
- I’m loving these hand painted kitchen tools! You can never have too many wooden spoons in my book…
- These plaster dipped flower votives are so pretty and a great excuse to get a little messy with some friends.